WHAT IS HEAT PRESS PRINTING?
Heat press printing were mainly used in the printing of novelty items, such as polyester tops and t-shirts. But today heat transfer printing has gained significant importance and favor in several industries especially in the personalised gift industry as an alternative for printing more unique personalised gifts with no minimum order quantity (MOQ). Heat Press Printing also known as Iron-on heat transfers, is often popular. This is because it allows for easy customisation of tees, as well as printing in multiple colours at low costs for small quantities. Usually it done by printing on a heat transfer medium. For example, this medium could be a heat transfer paper or a vinyl rubber type material. A reverse image of the artwork has to be first printed onto the film side of the heat transfer medium.
TYPES OF HEAT PRESSES AVAILABLE
Heat presses are broken down in two primary design styles:
1) Flatbed Heat Press: include Clamshell(EHP), Swing Away(ESP), and Draw(EDP). There are some types of heat presses that can combine at least two of those three options, either as a Clammshell / Draw heat press, or a Swing / Draw Hybrid.
2) Rotary Heat Press: Roll to roll type (ERT), Multifunctional type(EMT), or small format type (EST).
Heat presses are also available in manual, semi-automatic, fully automatic using compressed air or hydraulic system.
A heat press is used to permanently apply a heat transfer to a surface . Common transfer types are Heat Transfer Vinyl cut with a Vinyl Cutter, Printable Heat Transfer Vinyl, Inkjet Transfer Paper, Laser Transfer Paper, Plastisol Transfers, and Sublimation. Using a Heat Press to apply a heat transfer is a way to ensure accurate time, temperature, and pressure, which are all essential to the transfer process.
HOW IT WORKS
4. Lay the mirrored artwork or image face down over your chosen T-shirt.
2. Print the reversed image or artwork onto heat transfer paper. Avery is one company that sells this kind of paper. Heat transfer paper should have a clear or opaque film on one side of it.
- Transfer paper with a clear film on it is used for white or light gray (ash gray) fabrics. Opaque transfer paper is for fabrics in other colors.
- Load the heat transfer paper into your printer so the artwork or image prints onto the film side of the paper.
POSITION OF PRINTING
Normal Printing Position
ADVANTAGES OF HEAT TRANSFER PRINTING
- Heat Transfer can be used on 100% cotton tees, mixed fabrics as well as dry fit tees.
- This printing method can be processed quickly for small quantities, saving on your time and money.
- This printing method allows for individual customization with different names on each t-shirt or hoodie.
- Heat Transfer is the most economical for orders in small quantities.
- This printing method allows multiple colour designs to be printed at no extra cost.
SAMPLE OF HEAT PRESS PRINTING